Monday, December 12, 2011

Ice Climbing!!!

Tyler and I were able to go ice climbing in Twin on Saturday. We dropped Talon off at Grandma's, met up with a new climbing buddy and headed out. It was a Much needed day out doing what we love together.
This is what we had to hike through to get to the ice- about six feet of tumble weeds. I am pretty sure all the tumble weeds in Twin fall right here. Luckily I was behind the 2 guys and lighter than both that I just walked across while they both struggled.
On Tyler's first climb a chunk of ice fell and hit his face when he put his ice axe in. He looked down at us and he was a bloody mess. No stitches though soo Climb on!
This is right after it happened while he was on the ice.
Tyler on the first climb. Both guys led a route and I of course top roped both. Pretty hard ice climb.
Me struggling up the route.
This is the top of the last climb getting ready to head out. The climb out was sketchy. I feared for my life but I can say I free climbed out of the Twin Falls Canyon. Ha it wasn't bad, probably 5.5 but with packs and lots of exposure. I think we will hike in and out next time.
thank you ice for the amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment