Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kai Richard Wheeler



Our little boy is finally here!! 
 He came on April 3rd, 2013 at 1:25 p.m.
8 lbs 3 oz
20 inches 


Here is a picture of my belly the Sunday before he came and some family pictures with baby in my belly.




 He came a week overdue and not by his choice.  I was induced which I am glad because if he was any bigger I would have had another c-section.  He was a really tight fit.  
 

 Everything was great I had an epidural in so I had my family in visiting while I was in labor and decided it was time for them to go.  My Mom told me to make sure that Tyler let them know what the update was.  The nurse came in checked me, got the doctor and it was time to push, no time to tell my mom.  
I pushed and pushed,  they found he was turned at an angle which didn't make things easier.  The doctor put a vacuum on his head to keep him in place.  By the end I was on my back Tyler holding one knee a nurse holding the other, another nurse pushing on my stomach to help him out, the doctor with a vacuum, his heart plummeting because of the tight fit and to my horror the doctor saying "if he is not out this last set of pushing we are going to do a c-section."  So they call the surgery team,  and I am trying to push.  I guess the cord was wrapped around his neck so they cut that, got the head out, then his shoulder got stuck and he quit breathing from the strain of it.  After resuscitating, him, getting his vitals and weighing him which surprised everyone and explained why he was hard to push out, he was whisked away to get oxygen and an IV with sugar water.  And I sat there catching my breath wondering what he looked like.  And out in the waiting room a crazed mother wondering what the heck was going on because all she heard was that  there was a crisis in room 104 and the nurses couldn't tell her anything.


He was great and did fine after they fixed him up.  
He has Hair!! Where he got it we are not sure.  We are still amazed at how hairy he is compared to Talon.  He has sideburns and a uni brow. His shoulders and back are really hairy too. Luckily it is all blonde.
The nurse afterwards said "he is doing great, that was not a good delivery, not a good one."  Tyler said "really, I thought it went good."  
We got away without a c-section but I still came home with a bunch of stitches.

Kai with his alien cone head.


The grandparents holding little Kai. Grandpa John was sick so he couldn't but he was there to see him.









 Our first Family Picture!!



Talon playing around really not interested in his new brother at all.




 Holding my sweet little big boy.

Having Daddy time.

 So far he has been a very easy content baby.

We got to come home the next day which has been so nice.
Talon went home with Grandma and Grandpa Poole, we miss him so much but it has been so nice to relax.

Kai is loving home.  Besides his episodes of lava flow poop he has been an easy baby, only crying when he has stinky gas, or is hungry.   

Now all we have to worry about is how big brother reacts to him.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything turned out ok. He's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete