Sunday, October 6, 2013

Viking Man

I did my second Olympic Triathlon (1 mile swim, 28 mile bike and 6.5 mile run) and I forced Tyler to do it with me.  We did the Viking Man in Burley because it gave me time to train after having Kai.  It was an awesome course!! I want to do this one again next year! 
Tyler and I both got first place in our age divisions.  Don't be too impressed, there was 3 in Tyler's division and 5 in mine so there wasn't much competition. Tyler finished in 2:53 and I finished in 3:10. But we got cool granite tiles and sound like we are good.



Tyler headed out to run his 6.5 miles to the finish.

We convinced Jake (Tyler's brother) to do it with us.  

Chocolate Milk, supposedly its supposed to be a really good recovery drink.

 Headed for the finish line, I am just glad I beat the lady behind me, she was pretty cocky.
I thought I would be walking across the finish line because I had a knee injury and  it hurt to run.
I walk/ran the the run and cried  a little because it hurt so bad and people kept passing me.


 Tyler pouring water down my back.


 Talon enjoying the sprinklers after the race.

2 comments: