Friday, September 14, 2012

Martin's Cove

 Our Stake on a trek to Martin's Cove in July  and we got called to be a Ma and Pa three weeks before because a couple couldn't go anymore.  I was a little nervous to spend a whole week being in charge of teenagers.  I have known a lot of people who have been to  Martin's Cove and have loved the experience so I was excited for that part. It was a fun challenging and growing experience.
Here are the girls in our group, I am in the middle.  Tyler and I kept getting mistakened for youth.  We almost got in trouble for holding hands!


A couple boys thought it was cool to make sweat marks with the water bottle, It was pretty entertaining. 

Most of the boys in our group except for one.

Our group got sick of pulling the cart so they roped another leader and he became our ox.

Tyler the Pa.  


We walked 25 miles altogther, 14 of them in one day.  For Tyler and I it wasn't hard. I cannot imagine walking that 14 miles in the circumstances the saints had with no food and zero degree temperatures.  You could feel the spirit so strong in the cove, over Rocky Ridge and many other parts of the trail.  I am so grateful for the early saints and for their faith and fortitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment